Question of the Week: My local tri team has some spin sessions. Are these workouts too intensive at this time of the year?


If Your Club is TriForce, then group indoor cycling is good!

It depends.  If you want to do the occasional spin class, go do the class and have fun.  Use it to replace your weekly intervals ride in your program.  However,  if you want to do a spin class every week, you should keep an eye on your intensity.  If doing a weekly spin class will keep you happy and help you be consistent, then it is worth it, but just try to keep your intensity mostly in zone 3 (tempo) or below for 75% of the workout (feel free to go nuts for the other 25%) during the prep phase and early base phase.

About Coady

Lucky to be coaching some really awesome & fun people!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *