This was one of those weekends where it’s even more awesome to be a triathlon coach. On July 12th, we had 2 TriForcers race at Muncie 70.3 and both crushed it. Then on July 13th, we had a big group race at Vineman 70.3 with tons of great results and PRs.
TRIFORCE AT MUNCIE 70.3:
- Dave Endean went 4:45 placing 4th in his AG. This was a ONE HOUR PR!
- Tim Hinton went 4:42 (20 minute PR, getting a 70.3 Worlds Slot!)
TRIFORCE AT VINEMAN 70.3:
- TriForce won Division 4 of the Ironman TriClub Championship! Every finisher contributed points! Team MVP Andrew Sellergren (5:01 despite having his right aerobar snap off at mile 1 of the bike) picked up award for us in speedo.
- I (Coach Coady) went 4:24, 2nd place my AG, winning a bottle of La Crema wine and qualifying for 70.3 worlds
- Li “Gimme” Moore went 4:34 in his first ever half IM distance race (so PR!), taking 5th place in his AG and qualifying for 70.3 worlds. Not too shabby getting on the podium on your first try!
- Coach Rob “an Ironman per day” Gray went 4:39 and getting 8th place in his AG while doing the race as a “training day” (no wetsuit, riding on his road bike instead of TT bike).
- Joseph “Joey Zsa Zsa” Aziz went 5:02 (yet another PR! for Joseph this year)
- Dan “Monzy” Aminzade finished in a solid 5:28 despite the fact that Google has had him chained to a desk for the last 2 months creating cool wearable Android devices (apparently with no diversions allowed except lifting heavy barbells and drinking protein shakes).
- Amy “Biceps of Doom” Rubin wasn’t tubin’ out there on the Russian River! Amy had a very solid swim and bike along the way to a 6:21 finish.
- Randy “Two Times Himself” Becker knocked 30 minutes off of his “pre TriForce” HIM time to finish in 6:28.