Kevin Coady is the head coach of TriForce and the former triathlon coach at the Google Inc. global headquarters in Mountain View, California. He’s also a top age group triathlete, with an Ironman personal best of 8:56 and multiple Kona qualifications.
Kevin has helped dozens of athletes PR and achieve their racing goals, including coaching several athletes to their first Kona (including two top 10 Kona AG finishers) and 70.3 World Championship qualifications. In 2014 Coach Coady had four TriForcers qualify for Kona (with a top 10 AG finisher) and ten athletes qualify for 70.3 World Champs (most of them first time qualifiers). Kevin welcomes athletes of all abilities who are willing to put in the work to take their performance to the next level.
For the last nine years, Kevin has studied the art and science of triathlon training with a passion and has applied his knowledge to his athletes’ and his own training. By applying common sense and sound principles of training, he has transformed himself from being out of shape and 45 pounds overweight to becoming an 8:56 Ironman athlete and multiple Kona and 70.3 World Championships qualifier. Kevin has improved as both an athlete and a coach every single year and in the process he’s cracked the code for what it takes to consistently race well at the Iron distances.
Kevin has completed 8 Ironman races:
- 9:15 at Kona Ironman World Championships 2013
- 8:56 at Ironman Arizona 2012 (3rd amateur out of 2,900)
- 9:58 at Kona Ironman World Championship 2011.
- 9:26 Ironman Coeur D’Alene 2011 (2nd AG, 16th overall including pros, qualifying for Kona and Boston Marathon)
- 9:43 at Kona Ironman World Championship 2010
- 9:31 at Ironman Coeur D’Alene 2010 (3rd AG and fastest marathon in his age group, qualifying for Kona & Boston Marathon)
- 9:21 at Ironman Switzerland 2009
- 9:42 at Ironman Arizona 2008
Kevin has also competed in numerous Half Ironman distance races including several podiums and 70.3 world championship qualifications, including:
- 4:22 at 70.3 World Champs in 2014 (Mont Tremblant)
- 4:24 at Vineman 70.3, 2014 (2nd AG)
- 4:28 at Honu 70.3, 2014 (2nd AG and 6th overall including professionals; qualifying for Kona)
- First Place (35-39) at Wildflower Long Course 2013
If you would like to get more of a flavor for Kevin’s style and who he is, read his profile on Endurance Corner. To get an idea of how he would train a busy athlete with limited time, visit his Sub 10 Ironman in 10 Hours Per Week article which was featured xtri.com.